The Best Bath Salts for Body and Mind
Publushed by:Khadija B.
Last updated:November 7, 2021
Epsoak Pure Epsom
- They dissolve quickly
- Resealable pouch
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Yareli Dead Sea Bath and Foot Soak
- 100% Magnesium Chloride flakes
- Also used for exfoliation
- Best for sensitive skin
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Life Is Calm Epsom Salt 6 Pack
- Variety of scents
- Safe for use in jacuzzis
CHECK LATEST PRICE
A bath is something that we don’t treat ourselves to as often as we should but with some carefully chosen bath salts, it might become a common occurrence.
Bath salts have the power to do everything from relaxing the mind to recovering the body, and if you’ve never had the pleasure of bathing with them, you’re missing out.
What is the purpose of bath salts? Bath salts are added to water for their mental and physical benefits, and these water-soluble minerals can be used for any purpose.
Some of the more common reasons people bathe with salts are to recover their muscles, get a deeper clean, or simply relax, but overall, they just make bath time more enjoyable.
There is no shortage of bath salts benefits out there for you to relish in, so consider treating yourself the next time you bathe.
To help you find the salts that fit your physical and mental requirements, we’ve created a handy buying guide that rates the best salts on the market today.
From peaceful to invigorating, there are loads of different bath salts to choose from, and each with its own purpose. To help narrow it down and find those that are worthy, we’ve selected some of our favorite finds and a list of the bath salts for bath blissfulness.
Best Overall: Epsoak Pure Epsom
According to Epsoak, you only need two cups of salts for a full bath, so you’ll get plenty of relaxing and detoxifying use out of this bulk container.
Our pick for the best Epsom salts bath product is Epsoak Pure Epsom, coming in a large bulk package weighing 1.9lbs.
With a resealable lid at the top of the pouch, you can use just a little at a time for great results, and the salts are classed as USP grade, so they’re better than most.
These are the best bath salts for muscle recovery because they’re all about the magnesium and nothing else, with users reporting a noticeable difference after just one soak with them.
People loved that they came in a pure form without any essential oils or other ingredients added, and it means you can create your own bath salts with these quality Epsom salts as the base.
Epsoak’s Pure Epsom is ideal for soaking to soothe sore muscles, flushing out toxins from the body, and even applying it to your garden as a natural fertilizer.
With access to this much magnesium sulfate, you’ll have the best bath salts for detox and recovery, without spending a fortune while you do it.
Those looking for pure and good quality Epsom salts to do with as they please, will love the Pure Epsom product from Epsoak.
- Buying in bulk with a bag this size means you save money, and it has a resealable pouch so it’ll stay fresh for months.
- As a pure Epsom salt mixture, there are no fragrances added to these so they’re completely odor-free and enjoyable.
- You can pour some of these into your garden as well to give them a boost, so it’s not just about bathing with them.
- Users found that they dissolved in record time so there was less waiting around for large chunks to disintegrate in the bath.
- A single bath in these Epsom salts can do wonders for your muscle recovery, and all it takes is two cups of the product to feel a difference.
- Some reviewers found that their bag had a small cut in it, likely from a box cutter, and you’ll need to tape over it before it expands and you start losing salts.
- As a pure Epsom salt mix, you’ll need to add things like essential oils and Himalayan salt if you want it to rival the best bath salts on Amazon.
Runner Up: Yareli Dead Sea Bath and Foot Soak
This bulk bag contains 15lbs of flakes to use however you choose, with Yareli recommending foot soaks, baths, exfoliating directly into the skin after a shower.
Coming in a resealable pouch, they stay fresh for as long as you need, and are a genuine product of Israel.
Yareli’s Dead Sea Bath and Foot Soak is a natural way to recover and unwind, and they come in a massive 15lbs bag for your convenience and cost saving.
With these simple flakes, you can have dead sea bath salts and reap the benefits of their purity without any other additives or ingredients to be found.
The best thing about the Yareli Dead Sea Bath and Foot Soak is that they’re small flakes and not pebble-like crystals, so they dissolve quickly and easily.
Whether you’re giving yourself a pedicure and soaking your feet or treating your entire body to a recovery bath, you’ll appreciate not waiting around.
These bath salts require 1-3 cups per bath, so you can make them stretch even further if you want.
According to Yareli, you can also use them to soak your feet or exfoliate your body after a shower.
Thanks to the resealable pouch, you can keep them fresh, and they form a great basis for any other bath salt products you might want to conjure up.
If you prefer your magnesium straight from the Dead Sea and gentle on the body, this Israeli-made product should be your number one pick.
- As far as waiting time for your bath salts to dissolve, these are fast because of their flake form, so you can get in the bath right away.
- There’s nothing added to this mixture and it only contains 100% magnesium chloride flakes for your benefit.
- Buying in bulk is a great way to save money, and this bag could easily last for over a year of bathing.
- Your muscles will feel instantly better after a soak with these, as other users have reported.
- These are the best bath salts for sensitive skin thanks to their purity so it’s a smart choice if you’ve had a reaction before.
- The bag might be too large for some with its 15lbs weight, so it’s only a good choice for those having regular soaks or creating bath salts products themselves.
- With nothing added to it, this is a pretty simple product and might not be up to the bath salts standards of the premium brands.
Alternative: Life Is Calm Epsom Salt 6 Pack
Life Is Calm has created a six pack of Epsom salt blends to cater to every mood and need, including relaxation, cleansing, and purifying. With natural ingredients in each pouch, you’ll find lavender, coconut oil, Himalayan sea salt, eucalyptus, and spearmint blended with your Epsom salts.
Life Is Calm features no parabens, phthalates, or sulfates in their salts and you’ll get six 11oz bags to enjoy.
To sample the best that bath salts have to offer, the Life Is Calm Epsom Salt 6 Pack is a great option.
Within this pack, you’ll get six different bath salts labeled after their intended purposes, including Relax, Balance, Soothe, Cleanse, Purify, and Restore.
Rather than just throwing some Epsom salts into the bag, Life Is Calm has carefully created formulas with ingredients green tea, coconut oil, and lavender.
You’ll thoroughly enjoy the gentle scents that each of them has, and how easily they dissolve into a warm bath so you can start reaping the benefits before the water turns cold.
Life Is Calm is a little more expensive when you compare it to bulk packets of Epsom salts, but for those who want to pamper themselves with their salts, they’re the only way to go.
They’re safe for use in jacuzzies and spas, made by an environmentally friendly brand, and come in six resealable pouches so you can choose from one day to the next the type of bath you’ll have.
- Life is Calm has clearly marked each pouch so you know its purpose and benefits, and can enjoy something new every time you take a bath.
- Having the variety of the sampler pack lets you find one you really like, so you can buy it in bulk next time.
- All of the salts dissolve quickly and easily without leaving behind any hard crystals at the bottom of the bathtub.
- You can really feel and smell a difference from each of these pouches so it’s clear they’re designed uniquely and each has a purpose.
- There’s nothing nasty in any of their recipes and the brand is committed to being eco-friendly and cruelty free which is good for your peace of mind.
- As a sampler style box, these aren’t the largest pouches of salt, and depending on how you use them you might only get a couple of tries from each.
- Compared to a pure Epsom salt product, the price of these bath salts is a lot higher because of the other ingredients and packaging.
- Some users might find the scents to be overpowering and would be better off using a pure Epsom salt instead.
Alternative: Ahava Dead Sea Salt
These bath salts also come with a eucalyptus fragrance that further helps to refresh, and their overall goal is to aid muscle recovery.
For those who want nothing less than bathing in genuine Dead Sea salt, look no further than Ahava.
Their Dead Sea Salt Mineral Bath Salt is the real deal, and is made with only the purest form and a small amount of Eucalyptus fragrance, so you can get soaking and enjoying the benefits.
Ahava is committed to purity, which means cruelty free, GMO free, and filler free products, including in their range of bath salts.
As a 32oz bottle, it’s not as large as others we’ve reviewed, but you’ll only have to dissolve one cup for every bath you take, which helps them stretch out a while.
Sourced directly from the Dead Sea in Israel and packaged in the US, the Ahava brand has been operating for decades and is known for using only the highest quality goods, which they’ve proven again with these salts.
The Ahava Dead Sea Salt Mineral Bath Salt is all about muscle recovery and reducing stiffness and pain, with reviewers feeling a noticeable difference almost immediately.
If you only want the finest bath salts and don’t mind the Eucalyptus scent, this premium soak is one of the best.
- Users have reported that their aches and pains disappeared after just one bath with these Dead Sea salts.
- The bottle and lid ensure everything stays fresh and not exposed to moisture so the salts will last for longer.
- The Dead Sea salts are genuine and direct from Israel to get the best benefits, and the brand is US-owned.
- You only need to use one cup for a bath which means you can stretch this product further than other Epsom salts we’ve reviewed.
- The quality of the Ahava brand and the Dead Sea salt they use is second to none, with people happy to pay for this type of premium product.
- The eucalyptus scent was too much for some users, so if you prefer a fragrance-free soak, you’ll want to choose a pure dead sea salt option.
- Cost-wise, these are more expensive than others, and because they’re not in a bulk package you lose even more.
- For users who have regular baths with salts, it would be more efficient to buy a larger package so you always have them on hand.
Alternative: Spa Life Tea Spa Bath Salts
With 17.6oz in each bottle, you’ll only need a few tablespoons to feel the effects, and give yourself a pampering bath session whenever you want it.
Spa Life’s Tea Spa Bath Salts help you recreate the feeling of an expensive pampering session at home.
In this pack, you’ll get a lavender jar and a rose jar, each with 17.6oz of petal infused bath salts for you to enjoy.
The ingredients of the Tea Spa Bath Salts include lavender flower, rose flower, sodium chloride, and fragrance, so there’s not a lot included but amazing benefits.
The lavender jar is best used when you need to relax and calm your mind, thanks to the natural properties this flower offers.
When you need to reduce inflammation and irritation to the skin like eczema and dermatitis, use the rose petal jar instead.
With both of these, you’ll always have a solution to most of life’s problems, and users have rated it the best bath salts for anxiety and stress especially.
Spa Life Tea Spa Bath Salts does include artificial fragrance, which might be a turn off for some who have dry skin, but the aroma itself is not overpowering.
For the best results, use them in a silk bag so that the petals stay behind after the salts have dissolved.
With just a little bit of these salts, you’ll get a full-on pampering session from the comfort of your own home, so consider adding a touch of aromatherapy to your next bath salts session.
- The rose and lavender smell is present but not overpowering, giving you the best parts of its aroma without seeming like it’s too artificial.
- With two choices you can have either a rose bath or a lavender one and get different results either time.
- These bath salts are great at reducing inflammation and aiding with muscle repair and recovery, with users reporting an instant feeling of improvement.
- The addition of real petals is a nice touch and they stay behind once the effervescent salts have dissolved.
- Because you only need a few tablespoons in each bath, it’ll last a lot longer than a straightforward Epsom salt product.
- When you look at the price per weight of bath salts, this is one of the more expensive options, and might not be ideal for regular bathers.
- Although it features rose which is meant to reduce redness and other skin conditions, you’ll probably want to avoid these bath salts if you have dry skin as it could worsen the problem.
- Looking at the ingredients list shows you that there’s perfume fragrance included, so it’s not as natural as other bath salt products we’ve reviewed.
Bath Salts FAQs
As a method for relaxation, recovery, and a whole host of health benefits, there’s a lot that the average bath salt can do.
To ensure you’re making the most of your next soak, check out these commonly asked questions and our answers, so you get the lowdown on these effervescent wonders.
Is There A Difference Between Epsom Salts And Epsom Bath Salts?
The key difference between bath salts and Epsom salts is that Epsom only contains natural minerals of magnesium and sulfate, being used as a base for other products.
Bath salts with Epsom in them will usually contain a range of other ingredients to help them deliver their intended purpose.
Is Himalayan Salt Better Than Epsom Salt For Bath?
Himalayan salt and Epsom salt are both commonly used in bathing products and are ideal for relaxation purposes. However, if your goal is to increase magnesium content in the body, Epsom is the way to go.
You can also choose bath salts with other ingredients added, like essential oils and plant extracts, for further benefits.
What Are The Side Effects Of Epsom Salt Baths?
Taking an Epsom salt bath can lead to some side effects in people who have already sensitive skin. Common side effects are itchy skin, skin infections, and signs of an allergic reaction like hives or a rash, but none of which are usually serious.
How Does Epsom Salt Draw Out Toxins?
As the Epsom salts dissolve in warm water, they release magnesium and sulfate ions into the bathtub. While laying in this water, you’re able to absorb the minerals they release into your skin which can have a detoxifying effect.
However, if you have an open wound, it’s best to seek medical advice before bathing in this style of solution.
Taking Your Bath to Another Level
There are loads of benefits to bathing with bath salts, so whatever the purpose of your bathing ritual, they’ll bring a whole lot more to it.
Our recommendations for the best bath salts for relaxing, rejuvenating, and refreshing will give you exactly what you need to have the soak of your dreams.