It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Brush
- Soft and plush
- Rubberized handle
- Cruelty-free bristles
CHECK LATEST PRICE
e.l.f Flawless Face Brush
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Suitable for all powders
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Real Techniques Powder and Bronzer Brush
- For wide coverage
CHECK LATEST PRICE
We all want shimmery, golden skin that looks naturally sun-kissed, even if it means reaching for a bronzer to get it. However, a bronzer is only as good as the brush you apply it with, but it’s an accessory that people often neglect to think about.
What is the best bronzer brush? A good bronzer brush should match the type of bronzer you’re using, whether it’s a powder, cream, or something else.
Bronzer brushes are usually large, plush, and angular, to help you get the best coverage, but they come in all shapes and sizes to suit the user and their makeup style.
If you’re in possession of a bronzing product you love but are yet to find the dream brush to complement it, we can help.
This buying guide will show you our favorite picks on the market for bronzer brushes and teach you what brush to use for bronzer to get the best results.
With the best brush for bronzer in your hands, you’ll get the perfect coverage and application of your chosen bronzer.
We’ve searched far and wide to come up with a list of the top-rated bronzer brushes out there today, and a little more about how they can elevate your bronzer game.
Best Overall: It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Brush
The brush is made with 144,000 separate hair bristles, has a plush and thick feel, and is finished off with a rubberized and oversized handle to give you better control.
For the absolute in bronzer brushes, our favorite is the Heavenly Luxe Airbrush Powder and Bronzer Brush from It Cosmetics.
Although it’s a mouthful to say, it’s amazing on your skin and gives you all over coverage with its ultra-plush bristles and larger size.
As a more expensive option, it’s a big investment, but the quality of the brush and what it does for your bronzer application make it all worth it.
On this brush, you’ll find 144,000 bristles that are cruelty free, synthetic, and super smooth on your skin, helping you to apply bronzer with light and precise coverage.
With thick bristles and ultra-plush feel, it helps to spread the bronzer evenly and in a shorter time than most, ensuring you’ve covered every spot you need to.
However, you will need to clean it once a week using It Cosmetics Your Brush Love Makeup Brush Cleaner, so expect to spend even more.
What makes this one of the best bronzer brush makeup options is the large handle, made of soft rubber and with more than enough room to get a good grip, helping further with the application.
Combined with the plush and large brush itself, you and your bronzer will be onto a winner with the It Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Airbrush Powder and Bronzer Brush.
- Having a large sized brush and handle means you can apply bronzer in half the time you usually do and with even better results.
- You can feel the difference that having this many bristles makes in a brush and on your face, so it’s incredibly soft and plush.
- This brush makes it impossible to apply the bronzer wrong because it’s so soft and large, and you’ll get far better coverage than other smaller brushes.
- The rubberized handle gives you a good grip and is a nice touch for a large makeup brush like this.
- It Cosmetics is a quality brand and this brush is no different, with users feeling immediately just how premium the construction and materials were.
- This is the most expensive bronzer brush we’ve reviewed and it may be out of reach for some users who don’t have a huge budget for beauty products.
- It Cosmetics recommends cleaning this brush at least once a week which is a bit of a chore, and they ask that you use their products to do it.
Runner Up: e.l.f Flawless Face Brush
With two sides to use, including a flat and a skinny one, as well as a pointed tip, you can do just about anything using this brush.
The brush has a wand style handle that fits in your hand and can be cleaned regularly without losing any of its bristles.
e.l.f has a long-standing reputation for making good quality and affordable makeup and accessories, including their Flawless Face Brush.
This brush lets you do precise contouring or apply all over bronzer, depending on the look of the day, with a tip at the top and two different surfaces on either side.
As a wand style brush, you get a skinnier handle which can help when working on the finer details, but some users hoped it would be a little bigger.
This brush gives you two products in one, as not only can you use the skinny side for bronzer and blush, but it has a flat side that works for all other types of powders.
Even reviewers who had never used bronzer before found it was simple to apply and easy to hit the spots they needed to.
With just one brush, you can do most of your makeup, so it’s a great starter piece as well.
The e.l.f Flawless Face Brush is made with 100% vegan bristles that are completely synthetic, and their entire range is cruelty free.
To keep it clean, you’ll want to use the e.l.f Cosmetics Brush Shampoo as recommended by them, and also one of the cheaper options for brush cleaners on the market.
The Flawless Face Brush works for all types of makeup powders and does the job of many brushes in one, so you’re getting a versatile pick with this one.
- A good budget friendly pick for someone wanting a reliable beauty brand without having to spend a fortune.
- There are three different ways to use this brush which means you can do every step of your makeup routine with a single brush if you wanted to.
- Everything e.l.f creates is vegan and cruelty free, giving you peace of mind that you’re using an earth friendly brand.
- The flatter parts of the brush let you contour using bronzer and beginners found it easy to try this technique because the brush made it so easy.
- This brush holds up to rigorous use and washing, with users reporting that no bristles fell out ever after months of daily application of their bronzer.
- The brush’s handle is a little small and can be hard to maneuver when working on larger areas, like covering the whole face with bronzer.
- Although bristles falling out have not been reported, this isn’t the best cream bronzer brush as it won’t stay as solid as others do.
Alternative: Real Techniques Powder and Bronzer Brush
With measurements of 7.48 x 1.73 x 0.98 inches, it’s a good size to grip onto and is made with synthetic Taklon bristles.
The Powder and Bronzer Brush can be used for most types of powder makeup for sheer application and full coverage.
Real Techniques has managed to create a mid-range yet premium option with their Powder and Bronzer Blush, designed for applying lots of different makeup products from just one accessory.
Using this brush, you can apply bronzers, blush, and setting powders all over, so it’s more about wide coverage and not precise lines and areas.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the best cream bronzer brush as it’s better left to powders like bronzers and blush.
However, if you are using it for powdered makeup, you’ll be amazed at the sheer look it’s able to create.
When dealing with a bronzer specifically, this helps you to get an even glow across your entire face, neck, and shoulders, without it looking as if you have anything on at all.
The Real Techniques Powder and Bronzer Brush is medium sized, measuring 7.48 inches at its longest, and it has a large, plush head on top.
The smooth results it achieves, bristles that never fall out, and sturdy aluminum handle make it exceptional value for money, with a package that could easily rival brushes that cost twice as much.
- This is a cheap alternative to expensive brushes but it doesn’t look or feel like it, making it a wise investment for your makeup bag.
- Users reported that the bristles stood the test of time and never shed, even with rigorous everyday use.
- Having a long handle made of aluminum means the brush will last longer and be less susceptible to cracking like the wooden ones can.
- The end result is a sheer look which is important when applying bronzer, and it’s a good choice for women who want something natural.
- Using this brush helps the bronzer product to last longer as you only need a small amount to go a long way.
- The longer handle might not be as comfortable as a palm sized handle, but this could come down to personal preference as well.
- Can only be used for powdered bronzers and blushes, and not cream ones, making it less versatile than other brushes we’ve reviewed.
- Not as effective for using bronzer for contouring as it can’t create the precise lines and shadowing that’s required unless you plan on pinching the bristles.
Alternative: Eco Tools Blending and Bronzing Brush
Eco Tools has created an environmentally and skin friendly option with their Blending and Bronzing Brush.
The Blending and Bronzing Brush weighs 1.4oz and measures 2.75 x 1.25 x 9 inches, making it one of the more compact options on the market.
If you want a makeup brush that works just as well with liquid and powder bronzers, but also care about choosing brands that are good to the planet, look no further than Eco Tools.
Their Blending and Bronzing Brush can help you sweep a glow on your face with powder or get a more serious liquid coverage, as well as contouring and defining in the smaller areas where it matters most.
The rounded shape of this brush helps you get adequate coverage and it fans out slightly which lets you get into the finer details on your face.
The bristles are synthetic and although soft, they’re not as plush as some of the others we’ve found.
However, this won’t stop the Eco Tools Blending and Bronzing Brush from doing exactly what its name suggests and doing it well.
As a smaller sized brush, some might find it a little cramped to use, but the bamboo handle is a nice addition that brings some comfort.
This is an affordable and cruelty free option for a bronzer brush by a brand committed to being eco-friendly, so if you want makeup accessories you can feel good about, put your trust in Eco Tools.
- Is a multipurpose brush that can be used for liquid and powdered products, so it’s not just good for applying a quick bronzer.
- Eco Tools’ range is affordable and still made with all of the features you’d expect from a more premium brand.
- You can feel good about spending your money with this brand because they’re dedicated to caring for the environment, including even using recycled products for the packaging.
- The unique rounded head that fans out means you can lightly cover your face with bronzer and hit all of the important curves and crevices.
- After months of regular use, reviewers stated it stood up to the test of time and the bristles showed no signs of fading.
- The size of this brush makes it more of a compact or travel friendly brush, and might not be suitable for everyday use.
- The bristles aren’t as plush as others we’ve reviewed which means it’s not as gentle on your skin, even if it does do a good job of spreading the powder around.
- Using it for liquid and powdered products means it needs more cleaning than other brushes.
Alternative: Anne’s Giverny Airbrush Finish Bamboo Brush
With loads of soft synthetic bristles, it’s incredibly plush, and can be used for any type of makeup you require, with a premium price tag to match.
The Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush by Anne’s Giverny is a multipurpose brush that has been rated highly among those who wear bronzer.
With ultra-soft bristles and intense plushness, it’ll feel like a waking dream when you sweep it across your face, and once you see the results of your bronzer, you’ll need to pinch yourself.
This brush is made with a bamboo handle, fits in the palm of your hand, and has 1.4 inches of length in the high-quality synthetic bristles alone.
Although a little heavier at 2.4oz, it gives good weight to the brush and makes it easier to handle when covering larger areas.
Users reported having a finer shimmer and glow across their face after sweeping bronzer on with the Anne’s Giverny Brush, which is exactly what you’re looking for.
On the downside, it does require more cleaning than most, and it’s an expensive option for a brand that’s not as well known as the others.
However, if their happy reviews are anything to go by, you’ll get a super plush bronzer brush that creates flawless coverage and makes it look as if you were naturally kissed by the sun.
Anne’s Giverny Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush is one accessory that can truly do it all if you give it a chance.
- Having a palm brush makes it comfier to use and if you spend a lot of time doing your makeup, you’ll appreciate how it fits in your hand.
- You can choose however to use this including liquid or powdered bronzer, but also eyeshadow, blush, setting powder, and more.
- It’s incredibly soft and plush which is a real treat for your face.
- Creating a soft level of coverage is easy with this bronzer brush and it won’t look too heavy or over the top
- This is one of the more expensive brushes on our list and by a name that’s not as popular as others, so it can feel like a risk getting this one.
- With a longer handle, you might struggle to get into the precise lines and areas that are required when contouring with a bronzing powder.
- Having both a liquid and a pressed bronzer means this brush requires more effort to clean and it should be done every few days.
Bronzer Brush FAQs
Having the best bronzer makeup brush in your arsenal can completely change the way you apply makeup, but it’s not all that you need.
We’ve answered some commonly asked questions about bronzer and brushes to give you the lowdown on how to use them the right way for the best results.
What Kind Of Brush Is Best For Bronzer?
The best makeup brush for bronzer will depend on the type of bronzer being used as well as where and how you want to apply it.
A bronzer used for contouring and highlight should be angled but an all over bronzer should be applied with a plush and large brush to ensure even coverage.
Is A Powder Brush The Same As A Bronzer Brush?
A powder brush and a bronzer brush are not always the same thing, but you can usually use one to do the job of the other.
With a standard powder brush, you’ll be able to apply bronzer all over your face and neck and then pinch the hairs to create a thinner, angled brush for contouring.
Do You Wear Blush With Bronzer?
Yes, you can wear blush and bronzer at the same time, or use them as standalone products. A bronzer should go on before you apply blush, and be placed on the areas that need contouring.
Otherwise, you can dust bronzer on your face, neck, and shoulders for an all over shimmery glow.
Is Kabuki Brush Good For Bronzer?
A kabuki brush can be used to apply bronzer as an all over application, due to its plush and large features.
However, if you’re using bronzer for contouring it may be harder to get it thin enough to create the lines you need, so you may need to swap to something smaller or angled.
Brush Your Way to Flawless Skin
With the best brush to apply bronzer and a quality bronzing product, you can do everything from contouring your face to getting a sun-kissed shimmery glow all over.
Consider one of our selections for the best bronzer brush and see the transformation that this beauty accessory is truly capable of achieving.