The Best Face Mist To Refresh and Relax
Publushed by:Khadija B.
Last updated:November 7, 2021
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
- Premium product
- Instant effect on the skin
- Gentle scent
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist
- Best for sensitive skins
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Algenist Splash Hydrating Mist
- Value for money
- Instant skin hydration
- Minimizes fine lines
CHECK LATEST PRICE
If you’ve ever wished there was an instant way to bring some life back into your body and refresh your appearance all in one, a good face mist is exactly what you need.
Face mists have become a game changer in the world of skincare, but with so many types and choices out there, how do you know what’s what?
What does face mist do? A face mist is designed to be sprayed directly onto the face and provide moisturization and hydration.
Some face mist products have other benefits like setting makeup, adding a glow to your complexion, and boosting antioxidants, but they still provide at least some level of hydration as well.
A face mist works just as well when you’re in the office and looking for a 3 pm pick me up or something to cool down after an intense workout, but knowing which one is right for you is key.
We’ve created this buying guide with our favorite picks for the best hydrating face mist so you know which ones to look out for.
We’ve searched far and wide to come up with our recommendations for the best face mist spray, so you can give your skin an instant boost of hydration whenever it needs it.
Check out our favorite finds and what it is that sets them apart from the other facial mists on the market.
Best Overall: Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
Coming in a 1.3oz spray bottle with a super-fine sprayer, you’ll need just 2-3 spritzes to see the results, and it can be used any time of the day or night.
Tatcha has developed their Luminous Dewy Skin Mist as a premium product and the best face mist for oily skin, dry skin, and everything in between.
Active ingredients include hyaluronic acid, Hadasei-3 Complex, an Okinawa red algae, it makes use of Japanese superfoods and skincare secrets to deliver instant results.
Although expensive, it’s evident as soon as you spray this on your face that you’re paying for quality.
According to customers, the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist had an instant effect on their skin, helped their makeup to stay on for longer, and got rid of the tired and dry feeling that they had after a long day working in the office.
It’s a truly multipurpose product that seems like it can do it all.
Tatcha’s Luminous Dewy Skin Mist can be felt with just two sprays on the face and neck, and it comes in a 1.3oz bottle, so you’ll have to be careful not to waste it.
After application, you’ll notice dewy, glowing and hydrated skin almost immediately and there’s never a wrong time to treat yourself.
If your skin is in need of a nourishing boost throughout the day, Luminous is at the top of our list.
- Users found that when they applied Luminous to their skin before applying makeup, their makeup stayed on for hours longer and looked just as fresh.
- Although marketed to dry skin, all skin types can enjoy the hydration that just a few spritzes of this product bring.
- You’ll get more than just a hydrating face mist with this spray, including a makeup setter and rejuvenator.
- The scent that this spray leaves behind is gentle but just enough for you to enjoy, with flowery notes that aren’t too overpowering.
- The spray comes out soft and sets soft on your face without leaving behind any oily, greasy, or heavy feeling.
- This is an expensive choice even if it is considered the best face mist, so you’ll want to be careful with how much you’re spraying if you want it to last.
- Some users found it was a bit of trial and error coming up with the right pressure to spray with, otherwise, you could get a high-pressured stream of the mist coming out that doesn’t evenly cover your face.
Runner Up: Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist
As a cruelty free, GMO free, and synthetic free face spray, you’ll feel amazing as soon as this hits your skin, and it’s perfect for all skin types from dry to oily.
Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist is another of our favorite picks and a natural way to give yourself a quick shot of hydration.
Everything this brand makes is cruelty free, GMO free, and full of healthy ingredients, including sodium hyaluronate, white pine bark, and pomegranate seed bark, all actively working to improve skin tone, reduce signs of aging, and hydrate deeply.
This is the best face mist for sensitive skin thanks to its many natural ingredients, and anyone from dry to oil complexions can enjoy it.
You’ll also be thrilled to find the addition of ingredients like hesperidin, which can reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes, and Gingko Biloba which lessens redness and inflammation in the face.
These are just a few of the long list of other natural contents that they’ve included, all of which are designed to improve your appearance and get beneath the skin as well.
To get the best results, Mad Hippie recommends spraying into your hands first, according to reviews, it can feel a little thicker going on.
The Hydrating Nutrient Mist has a light floral scent and comes in a 4oz bottle, so you get even more bang for your back.
As a natural way to refresh your skin throughout the day, there are loads of impressive ingredients in every bottle of this mist from Mad Hippie.
- This spray has a beautiful natural scent to it thanks to essential oils that give you a boost on their own.
- You can use this spray on any skin type and still get the same results, and it’s one of the best for sensitive users too.
- Considering all of the great ingredients in this spray, it’s also one of the most affordable.
- You’ll have a clear conscience purchasing from the Mad Hippie brand because they’re earth-conscious and cruelty free.
- Features the ingredient hesperidin which actively reduces the dark colors underneath your eyes and makes you look more awake, and not just feel it.
- The title of this spray is a little misleading because they don’t recommend spraying it directly onto the face, but rather into your hands and then rubbing it on, which sort of defeats the purpose.
- Some users found that this was a little thicker and not as much like a mist, which made it feel like it wasn’t moisturizing as deeply.
Alternative: Algenist Splash Hydrating Mist
Algenist has developed their Splash Hydrating Setting Mist as the final step when applying makeup to achieve the best results.
If you wear makeup and want to ensure it stays in place and keeps the same dewy glow it had when you first applied it, a product like the Algenist Splash Hydrating Setting Mist is the way to go.
This mist is sprayed on once you’re done putting makeup on or throughout the day, to give you an instant boost of hydration, reduce lines and caking, and keep everything in place.
Algenist’s claim to fame is the inclusion of alguronic acid in this mist, which actively minimizes the appearance of fine lines, so your makeup looks smooth and flawless all day long.
Other ingredients include sea water, fruit extracts, and glycerin, all helping to create the fine but effective mist that sets your makeup and keeps everything in place.
Unfortunately, they have included a parfum to it which isn’t too overpowering but usually kept out of products like this to prevent dryness.
Splash Hydrating Setting Mist from Algenist will last a few hours before needing a top up, so it’s best to keep it in your handbag or by your desk for the day.
As the best face mist for dry skin makeup wearers, you’ll be grateful that you had it close by, and guaranteed a dewy glow for as long as the mist is on your skin.
- The inclusion of alguronic acid is what sets it apart and ensures you don’t get the fine lines and caking that usually happen when your makeup dries.
- All it takes is two sprays across the face and neck to see instant results from this spray, so the bottle will last for months of regular use.
- You’ll get one of the finest mists possible while still feeling the effects, so if you want to stay away from heavy and greasy sprays, this is one of the best.
- Splash Mist can be used even when you don’t have makeup on for a refreshing hit and instant hydration of your skin.
- For all that it does and the large size, this is great value for money and one of the more effective makeup setting sprays.
- Having a perfume additive in this spray means it’s more prone to drying out the skin, so those with usually dry complexions will need to be cautious.
- Although it does a great job when it’s working, the effects of this face spray will start to fade after a few hours so it needs topping up a few times a day.
- Not every ingredient in this spray is natural and there are some synthetics used, which might deter some users.
Alternative: Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Mist
You’ll feel and smell like a walking dream. Better yet, Herbivore has not included any alcohol, sulfates, or parabens, and there are no fillers to be found.
If you want only the gentlest and purest hydrating spray for your face, the Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Mist is the way to go.
This all natural spray creates a fine mist that delivers hibiscus flower, rose hydrosol, and other pure plant actives directly to your face when you need it most.
According to reviewers, this gentle mist is the best face mist for acne and oily skin because it’s water based and there’s nothing too intense in it.
You’ll need to spray at least five spritzes on to cover your face, which means a bottle won’t last as long as you like, but for the feel that it gives you, people are willing to have some of these mists on standby.
The small 2oz bottle is easy to carry around with you and you’ll enjoy the gentle rose aroma it leaves behind.
Herbivore has created this face mist to be good for you and the planet, with a vegan friendly formula and no sulfates, parabens, or alcohol to be found.
For natural skincare lovers who need an instant boost of hydration and rose water goodness occasionally, the Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Mist is the way to get it.
- Users reported feeling cooler and calmer after spraying this just a few times and it’s compact enough to carry anywhere and get this feeling as you need it.
- This has a beautiful, natural fragrance to it and you’ll be able to carry the gentle smell of rosewater with you for hours.
- Skincare lovers who want natural and healthy ingredients will love everything about this fast mist and the Herbivore brand overall.
- A perfect choice for sensitive and oily skin because of its water base and other gentle ingredients that won’t irritate.
- There’s no testing on animals and the recipe is all vegan so you can feel peace of mind that you’re choosing something ethical.
- Because the brand does small batches, you can only buy it in a small bottle, which means you’ll want to stock up on a few at a time.
- Has a very light mist that you might want to do a few sprays of to get the best results, which can add to the overall cost even more.
Alternative: Honest Beauty Hydration Mist
With ingredients like hyaluronic acid for moisture, aloe vera leaf extract for soothing, and watermelon fruit extract for a boost of antioxidants, you’ll get everything you need in this compact 3.3fl oz spray bottle.
Honest Beauty’s Hydration Mist is a must-have for anyone seeking a spray that’s gentle and hydrating without needing to be anything else.
The 3.3fl oz has enough for months of regular use and features ingredients like hyaluronic acid, watermelon fruit extract, and aloe vera leaf extract.
These all combine to create a fine mist that gives you an immediate moisture boost when it hits your skin.
It’s hard to top the refreshing factor of the Honesty Beauty Hydration Mist and it’s the perfect antidote to spending too long in the sun or working out too hard.
Users with all skin complexions found it was gentle but refreshing at the same time, and there’s nothing in it like alcohol or parabens that usually dry out the skin.
If you’re concerned about using a face mist that might irritate you, it’s not a worry with this one.
The Honesty Beauty Hydration Mist only needs one spray to get the job done, and you’ll feel the conditioning and soothing happen instantly.
Although natural, some found the scent a little overpowering, so you’ll need to test it out first.
Otherwise, this gentle facial mist spray has all the good stuff you need for a late afternoon pick me up, and at a very reasonable price.
- As soon as this hits your face, you feel a lot cooler, and people reported enjoying it after a big workout or being out in the sun gardening.
- The addition of aloe vera gives it a whole host of benefits and it’s especially refreshing for sunburn.
- For the size of the bottle and how many sprays you get out of it, it’s a cheap alternative that still does loads of good for your face.
- The residual feeling of this spray is clean and light without being greasy or leaving anything lingering behind and those with oily complexions will be able to use it as well.
- There are no hidden nasties in here that usually dry out the skin, making it a good choice for sensitive users that have struggled with these sprays in the past.
- The tea tree scent was too much for some users and if you already find yourself sensitive to this smell, you’ll want to shop around for another mist.
- You can only use this as a refreshing hydration spray and not a primer or setting spray, so if you’re after something multipurpose this isn’t it.
Face Mist FAQs
A face mist can do it all from hydration to rejuvenation, and it’s a simple fix that you can feel instantly and when you’re most in need.
To find out more about what this revolutionary skincare product is all about, read on for some commonly asked questions that cover all of the basics.
What Does Face Mist Do?
Face mists are made with different formulas and can deliver specific things, like hydrating the skin or helping to set your makeup, and are applied by simply spritzing onto the face.
Depending on your requirements for a face mist, you’ll likely find one that can meet them, and give you other benefits at the same time.
How Often Should You Use Face Mist?
To determine how much you should spray a face mist on, you’ll need to refer to the directions on the bottle.
As all mists are made for different purposes, so it could be applied after your makeup or throughout the day whenever hydration is needed, depending on its purpose.
Can I Use Face Mist As Moisturizer?
Most face mists are developed with a hydrating formula that can help give you a moisture boost but they shouldn’t replace your daily moisturizer.
For the best results, use a daily moisturizer in the mornings and then carry your face mist with you whenever you need a top up of hydration.
Is Mist And Toner The Same?
Toner and face mist are two different skincare products altogether, however, some toners do come in a mist bottle.
The role of toner is to act as an astringent, tighten and reduce pore size, and clean deeply, whereas a face mist’s role is to hydrate the skin and provide instant moisturization as needed.
One Spritz to Rejuvenation
With all of the daily exposure to dry air, heat, air conditioning, and pollutants that our skin faces, it’s no wonder face mist has become such an essential skin care product.
If you’re in need of instant invigoration and an easy way to rehydrate your skin, one of our selections for the best face mists will serve you well.