The Best Korean Skincare Products for Black Women
Publushed by:Khadija B.
Last updated:November 8, 2021
Mamonde Rose Water Toner
- 90% Rose water
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Sweet Chef’s Ginger + Vitamin C Serum
- Vegan ingredients
- Anti-aging benefits
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads
- Value for money
- Dead skin cells removal
CHECK LATEST PRICE
If there’s one country that’s managed to corner the market on skincare and cosmetics, it’s Korea. For black women though, it can be easy to think these lines and cult products aren’t for you, due to the way they’re marketed or past experiences you might have had where it was hard to find skincare that met your needs.
What are the best Korean skin care products for black women? There are lots of effective and suitable skincare products made by Korean brands that work for black women and others with darker skin tones.
Although they’re not always marketed to ethnicities outside of their country, the ingredients and formulas used can still deliver great results for everyone.
If you’ve always wanted to try the best Korean skincare line or test out that cult product that everyone was talking about, now’s the time.
As black women, there are a whole lot of options out there to enjoy, and we’ll show you the best ones to get started with in our guide to Korean skincare products for darker-skinned women.
Among the best-selling Korean skincare products are toners, face masks and serums, and we’re here to rate them all. We’ve uncovered some top picks for K-beauty for black women, so you can enjoy what everyone else has been fussing about.
Best Water Toner for Face: Mamonde Rose Water Toner
The Mamonde toner comes in an 8.45fl. oz so there’s enough there to last for months with daily use, and it only requires a small amount on a cotton pad to work.
Mamonde’s Rose Water Toner is made with more than 90% organic Damask Rose water and all the right stuff to keep your skin clean.
This product can be used to remove dirt and debris, hydrate the skin, and prepare it for your nighttime moisturizer.
When used as part of a three-step skincare routine, you’ll start to see benefits in just a few weeks.
This is one of the best Korean skin care products for acne and problem skin, and because it’s free from alcohol, it won’t dry out your skin, which is a common complaint that occurs with darker skin.
However, it does feature castor oil which can be a problem for users with oily skin, so if this sounds like you, look for something water or alcohol based.
The Rose Water Toner from Mamonde leaves behind a pleasant natural scent of roses and leaves your skin feeling moisturized and hydrated.
With 8.45 fl oz in every bottle, you’ll get months of regular use out of this, and find that it’s perfectly suited to the common issues that women with darker skin face when looking for good skincare solutions.
- Unlike other toners that have some alcohol on their formula, this one from Mamonde is free from it, making it perfect for sufferers of already dry skin.
- With over 90% rose water, this is a gentle approach that suits even the most sensitive users, but still gets the job done.
- You only need a small drop on a cotton pad to cover your entire face and see results.
- Users reported a difference in the smoothness of their skin and an evening of the skin tone after a few weeks of regular use.
- This is an affordable toner option for such a reputable brand and quality product, and one of the great things about shopping with Korean brands.
- The presence of oil in this toner means it’s not the best fit for women with oily skin, as it’ll only lead to a bigger build up.
- Those wanting a more natural approach to skincare might not like some of the synthetic ingredients found in this rose water toner, even if they don’t feel any adverse effects.
Best Face Serum: Sweet Chef’s Ginger + Vitamin C Serum
Coming in a dropper bottle with 1fl. oz of serum inside, you can use just a little to enjoy benefits like anti-aging, skin smoothing and brightening, and reduced inflammation.
Sweet Chef’s Ginger + Vitamin C Serum Shot is our favorite find in this category and one of the best Korean anti-aging skin care products.
With regular application of this serum, you’ll be giving your skin a boost of ingredients like turmeric root extract, ginger, and vitamin C, and it’s easily applied with a dropper.
This face serum is a prime example of Korean beauty brands working for black women, as it targets so many of the common issues that are faced.
The presence of ginger can even out your skin tone and vitamin C actively works to fight hyperpigmentation and dark spots, so you’ll start to see a difference in just a few weeks.
With such a small 1fl. oz bottle, be careful not to use too much, but according to reviews, it only takes a drop to work.
If you want a bunch of natural ingredients delivering antioxidants, hydration, brightening, and anti-inflammatory properties, the Sweet Chef’s Ginger + Vitamin C Serum Shot can deliver it, and without synthetic dyes, fragrances, parabens, or mineral oils.
- Packed full of benefits that are specific to the issues that black women face with skincare, including hyperpigmentation and hydration.
- Users felt good when buying from this brand because they’re committed to cruelty free products and have all vegan ingredients.
- There’s nothing nasty in this serum like synthetic fragrance and parabens, so it’s only doing good things for your skin.
- Not only does it actively work at improving your skin in the future but it helps to reduce previous damage from the sun and acne scars.
- You only need a small amount of this serum to go a long way and it takes just one drop to cover most faces.
- The bottle is quite small at just 1fl. oz so you’ll have to be careful not to use too much otherwise you’ll be ordering it again quickly.
- Sweet Chef recommends a lot of their own products to be used with this one, which can get costly and isn’t always necessary, so do your own research before committing a routine.
Best Peeling Pads: Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads
The cotton pads feature three layers including smooth, cushion, and embossed, and they’re saturated with ingredients like citrus fruit extract, butylene alcohol, glycerin, and sodium hyaluronate.
There’s no need to head to an expensive salon or spa just to get a peel, as these pads from Dermalogy by Neogenlab have proven.
With their Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pads, you can remove dead skin cells and other debris from your face using powerful exfoliation, getting the same results you’d expect to find seeing a professional aesthetician.
In this pack, you’ll get 30 pads to use and each of them has two sides for different purposes.
The cotton mesh gauze side is to wipe the formula onto your face, and then it flips over to the embossed side to wipe away the dead skin cells, with a soft cotton pad in the middle.
According to reviews, this two-step process leads to an instant improvement in skin tone and you could see after the first use that they truly work.
The Dermalogy by Neogenlab Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Pad has all of the ingredients that a professional spa uses, including sodium hyaluronate and citrus extract, just at a much more affordable price.
If you want at-home peels that are ideal for darker skin tones, these peeling pads are our favorite pick.
- The whole process is easy to do with just two steps and a place for your finger to slide in and control the pad.
- One session with these peeling pads was enough to see a visible difference so there’s no denying that they work.
- This is a gentler approach than using abrasive exfoliators on the face and is perfect for people with sensitive skin.
- Helps to smooth out your skin tone and get rid of hyperpigmentation and acne scars so it tackles more than just one problem.
- The wipes and other products from Dermalogy are cruelty free which is a nice touch for an at-home peel.
- These pads are expensive considering you only get 30 wipes out of them, so they should only be used once a week.
- With some alcohol in this formula, some users noted that their skin dried out slightly, so if you already have dry skin, you’ll want to avoid them.
- Not all of the ingredients in this are natural and there are some synthetics found, which could turn off some potential customers.
Best Facial Mask: Karuna Hydrating Sheet Mask
Within these masks, you’ll find no parabens, mineral oils, castor oils, or phthalates so it’s gentle for all skin types, and uses only natural fibers to help trap in moisture.
With one mask per packet and the option to save when buying four or more, you can choose how much hydration your skin needs.
A facial sheet mask like the Karuna Hydrating+ is the perfect solution for women who suffer from dry skin, as it helps you to keep the moisture trapped using only natural ingredients.
These facial sheet masks come with just one in a packet and they have a hefty price tag when you look at the competition, but you can buy in bulk to save a little more.
For the best results, apply a mask once a week, or stretch it out to once a month to cut costs.
According to Karuna, these facial masks increase hydration by 39% after just one use, and their reviewers agree with these instant results.
Rather than using synthetic fibers, they’re committed to high quality natural fibers that are better at attracting moisture and keeping the serum in the mask and directly on your skin.
Karuna’s formulas are clean and gentle which makes them a smart choice for all skin types and tones, even sensitive ones.
The Karuna Hydrating+ Facial Sheet Mask is ideal for women with dry skin and even those without it, thanks to all of the benefits.
While it can feel a little strange the first to wear a sheet mask, you’ll soon relax, and when you feel the moisturizing advantages of this cult Korean skincare product, it’ll make sense why everyone is so obsessed with them.
- Users reported their makeup and other skincare products were absorbed more easily after applying a Karuna Hydrating+ Sheet Mask.
- The time spent resting with the mask on is relaxing for the mind, so it’s not just about treating your body and face.
- Karuna uses only the gentlest and most natural ingredients which stops your skin from drying out once the mask comes off.
- People with sensitive skin will find these don’t cause any irritation or redness, thanks to the soft formula.
- These masks will make your skin feel 39% more hydrated after just one application which is a godsend for women with dryness.
- These are expensive when compared to other facial sheet masks so be prepared to spend big for the benefits they offer.
- As your face can feel sticky after removing the mask, you might want to use a washer and warm water to gently wipe away the residue if it’s annoying you.
- The vanilla scent can be a bit overpowering when you have to leave the mask right on your face, so there’s no escaping it.
Best Moisturizing Ampoule: The Plant Base Waterfall
Using hyaluronic acid, which can hold 1000ml of water per gram, and the formula is cruelty free and contains no harmful ingredients.
This bottle from The Plant Base comes with just 0.7fl oz of the ampoule and requires only a small amount to boost moisture levels and see results.
An ampoule is a supercharged way to transform your skin, and our favorite find in this category is Waterfall Moist Balanced Hyaluronic Acid 100 by The Plant Base.
Made with 100% hyaluronic acid and no harmful ingredients, you’ll find no traces of parabens, mineral oil, isopropyl alcohol, or anything else that dries out the skin.
This serum comes in a small pump bottle that lets you get the smallest amount onto your finger, to then rub into the face.
With a 0.7fl oz size, it might be tiny but it goes a long way, and the after-effects on your skin’s moisture will be instantly noticeable.
Better still, regular users of this find that combining the Waterfall product with their other skincare and cosmetics help them to be absorbed better.
The Plant Base Waterfall Moist Balanced Hyaluronic Acid 100 is the most efficient want to seal in moisture and create a barrier to protect the skin, so it’s ideal for users with all kinds of skin tones and types.
If you’re looking for an intense and supercharged skincare product that only requires a minute amount to go a long way, this ampoule is one of our favorites and a true Korean beauty icon.
- Nothing improved moisture and hydration like this and The Plant Base recommends applying it just once a week to see results.
- There are no harsh ingredients in Waterfall and it only contains hyaluronic acid for the most dramatic impact.
- It’s suitable for everyone from sensitive skin to dry skin users, and those in between, and will be especially suitable for women with darker skin tones.
- Looks can be deceiving when you first see this bottle of serum, but you only need to tiniest amount to make it work.
- Applying this will give you a dewy appearance to the skin which helps those with darker complexions from looking dried out.
- This is a costly product for something so small, which could turn some people off from investing in a bottle.
- There’s no word from The Plant Base about whether their products are cruelty free, so it would be good to get some more information on this.
- Some users reported a slightly greasy feeling on their face afterward, so if you already have oily skin, you might not appreciate this.
Korean Skin Care Products for Black Women FAQs
Finding the best Korean skin care routine might not be something you’d consider as a black woman, but the country delivers on its solid reputation for being one of the best in beauty.
If you’re still wondering about whether K-beauty is the right fit for you, check out these FAQs to find the Korean skin care best products and help your dark skin glow.
Do Korean Beauty Products Work On Black Skin?
Yes, you can use Korean beauty products on black skin, even if they’re not often marketed to this skin tone.
Most of the Korean beauty and skin care products are about cleansing, purifying, and refreshing, so there are no restrictions on the race or skin tone of the users who can benefit from them, including black women.
How Do Black Girls Get Flawless Skin?
Although it’s impossible for anyone to achieve totally flawless skin, there are some things that black women can do to help.
Staying hydrated, having a daily routine of moisturization and cleansing your face, wearing sunscreen every day, and moisturizing dry areas of the body to keep them supple are just a few things you can do.
How Do I Make My Skin Look Pretty Dark?
Making dark skin look pretty is easy to do, provided you are taking care of it by staying hydrated and using cleansing and moisturizing products.
Spend some time finding a reliable makeup brand that you trust and build up a few go-to products like a tinted moisturizer or a gentle BB cream that can smooth and soften the skin every day.
How Can I Look Naturally Pretty?
The best way to look naturally pretty is by taking care of your skin with a basic skincare routine, products chosen for your skin type and needs, and ensuring good nutrition and hydration to be healthy from the inside out.
Using gentle makeup choices like clear mascara, BB cream, and lip balm can give you some light coverage without making it appear like you have any makeup on at all and still keep that natural look.
K-Beauty for Black Women
The world has gone made for Korean skincare and beauty products in recent times, and with so many of these being ideal for the unique needs of black women means you should give them a try as well.
With our list of recommended products, you’ll see why the best Korean skin care brands have earned themselves such huge reputations for women of all skin tones and types.